Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lisa with some Websters "Let's Celebrate" Projects....

Hi Everyone, Lisa here. Today I am sharing some projects made with some gorgeous Websters Papers. I have used the "Let's Celebrate" range. For me, Websters spells prettiness and shabby chic all in one. If you haven't played with Websters papers before I hope my projects may inspire you to have a go.




First up today - I have a layout of my children enjoying a cup of tea, in fine bone china. These photos were taken at a Bed & Breakfast that we went to a few years ago, for my birthday. It was a very special weekend, the table was all set up for a beautiful family breakfast. The gorgeous floral borders on this paper 'Garden Party" do most of the work for you. I continued the theme by sticking with a few main colours (Pinks, cream/yellow & greens) throughout the layout so it blends well & doesn't get too busy. A couple of layered, punched borders, careful photo placement, a tissue paper flower, journal cards, pearls, mini paper blooms, leaves, pins,string, mini alphas & fozz felt title to decorate.

 

A close up of some of the detail. To make a tissue paper flower punch about 8-10 circles out of tissue paper. It's great to use varying sizes. I used 2 large, 4 medium & 4 small. Layer them on top of each other and push a brad through the centre. Scrunch the layers up until you have the desired look.




Next up today I have made a card using the 'Party blooms' paper. I cut the desired piece from the top left corner of this gorgeous paper (sacrilege I know...lol) to use as the basis of my card. You will be amazed how many cards you can make from the images on just one of these pieces of paper. Flowers being the theme of this card ...Blooming with Sweetness, I got my Tim Holtz paper rosette die out. As I was going for a really bold & special card I decided to play with the die cut flower a bit to create some more dimension. This is what I came up with. I made the flower as per the instructions, leaving off the front centre piece. I then inserted a large brad to the centre & had my hot glue ready to go. Holding the flower in my hand, I pushed the sides up & place hot glue underneath to hold in place. I hope you like it! Its pretty out there but it really makes the card special.  I also used ink, a punched border, some string, seam binding bow, doily, paper bloom, a piece of rhinestone flourish, leaves and mini paper blooms.



Here is a close up of the flower made with the rosette die. 



After making a layout or cards there is always scraps..isn't there? Well since I had already cut up the gorgeous 'Party Blooms' paper I decided to use some of the other pretty floral images to make some co-ordinating tags. These tags were so quick & easy to make! I cut the shapes using my Spellbinders Nestabilities. You can use any shape or punch. I placed the die on the image carefully using removable tape to hold in place (so the die doesn't move when cutting in cuttlebug). I then punched holes in the top of the tags, stamped sentiments, added string, crushed seam binding ribbon, mini paper blooms & pearls.

Thanks for looking, We really appreciate your comments.

Have a great day!

Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are really beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower made from the paper rosette Lisa, it looks great. Lovely Lo, those Webster papers go so well with the gorgeous China you got to enjoy using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the spring blooms in your projects, especially that tissue flower !

    ReplyDelete