Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sandy - More Odds and Ends Projects

It's Sandy posting more Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends projects. This time I'm going with a cerise and turquoise colour palette.



The fresh, clean colours on this card look yummy. I couldn't resist staging it on a plate with a spoon for photography. The little candy swirls and baker's twine all come together to form what looks like a delectable desert to me.




A beautiful crochet mat formed the base of this tag. My friend
Jessi sent me a bunch of mats all the way from Canada. They work perfectly with the trademark circles from the Odds and Ends collection. If you're keen to make a mat, hop over to her blog where she has a tutorial for it.



As promised in yesterday's post, this is the twin to my Faith tag. It features another elegant cameo from Dusty Attic. On her, I applied a subtle niagara mist chalk and dressed her chignon with half pearls. Then I wrapped a jaunty green scarf round her neck. To fancy up the tag, I sewed little french knots inside the half-circles of the border.




Hope I've been able to show you the versatility of Odds and Ends. Combined it with Upcycle chipboards, it takes on a retro feel. When paired with Dusty Attic cameos, it becomes classic and elegant.A truely fun collection to work with.

Cosmo Cricket Supplies : Odds and Ends ( Spare Change, Scraps, Junk Drawer, Sampler, from A to Z), Upcycle Chipboard. Others : Dusty Attic Cameo Head, Kaiser Craft Wood Flourishes Blooms, MME Lost and Found Lovely Button, Basic Grey Bling-it, Versa Magic Niagara Mist, ribbons, baker's twine, crochet mat, roses

1 comment:

  1. WOW - Sandy - these are amazing. I love how you take the papers and come up with such unique ideas. I have these papers and I would never have thought of using them like this!

    ReplyDelete