Monday, September 26, 2011

Sandy - Odds and Ends Projects

Hi everyone, this is Sandy sharing some spring-inspired projects. I chose blues and greens from Cosmo Cricket's Odds and Ends collection to create these cards and tags.



The starting point for this card is a green label from the Sampler paper. I folded it in half to make a sort of handle. When added to a journal card, I got a cute baby's rattle shape which was accentuated with a soft pink bow. A little sparklet on an acrylic tag and three uplifting sentiment phrases complete the card. 




Mostly I make my cards from inside out, meaning I start from the center elements. However I wanted to use a MME button card as the base of this card so I created from outside in. I had to make a rectangle that would fit inside the card and hide the holes where the buttons were attached. A few journal cards and chipboards layered together worked nicely. The card has a homespun charm that I couldn't have produced if I used cardstock for the base.




The focal point for this tag is an elegant Dusty Attic cameo. I gave her a soft coating of bamboo ink and spritzed on some sweet clover mist. Then dressed her hair with a ball of white thread gathered with three half pearls. Doesn't she look chic ?

Hope you'll drop by tomorrow when I'll be posting more Odds and Ends projects : including the twin to my Faith tag.


Cosmo Cricket Supplies : Odds and Ends ( Scraps, Junk Drawer, Sampler, from A to Z), Upcycle Chipboard, Others : Dusty Attic Cameo Head, Kaiser Craft Sparklet Coral, MME Lost and Found Lovely Button, Basic Grey Bling-it, Making Memories tag, Versa Color Bamboo, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Sweet Clover, ribbons, threads, string

3 comments:

  1. Beauiful projects Sandy, great photography as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning again Sandy. All the colours and photography are gorgeous
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete