Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Louise - A Couple of Springy Feeling Cards

Hi Louise here and I have to say it is a beautiful day here....... 
The sun is shining,
the bulbs are out in flower....


The snow is melting on the ranges..........


And the gorgeous cherry blossoms are out on the tree, which means..............

Spring has definitely sprung here in the Southern Hawkes Bay.  To celebrate I have a couple of Spring feeling cards to share with you both featuring Country Girl Sugar Plum by CC Designs.


I have cut the image out using a Spellbinders die run through my cuttlebug and coloured her up using both Copics and Prisma Premier pencils and blending with Odorless mineral sprits (OMS or Gamsol is a thinner for oil paint I believe) which blends the wax pencil into the copics and each other to give really soft blending lines.  I inked the edge of the diecut image with ink and my blending tool.
I used gorgeous Basic Grey Sweet Threads papers which I edged with Distress Crackle paint in Picket Fence, I also painted my chipboard leaves with both Brushed Corduroy and Rock Candy crackle paint.  The roses I attached with my glue gun and I finished it off with some ribbon, a bow and a cute sparklet.



Next up pretty much the same basic ingredients, Basic Grey Sweet Threads papers, Sugarplum Country Girl image and same colouring technique.  This time though I hand cut a mat for the die cut image used a corner embellishment made up of flowers from my (huge) collection.  I can't get enough of flowers and use them on all my cards, my favourite to buy are white ones as they can be used as they are or dyed using allsorts of techniques, I may run you through some of the different ways on a top tip Tuesday in the future.

So there you have it, 2 completely different looking cards using the same image and papers and both with a definite spring feel to them.  Hope you enjoyed today's post and if you have any questions leave them in the comments and I will let you know the answer if I can help. :)

3 comments: