Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lowri - Hunt and Gather Mini Album in a Tin and more...

Hi Everyone - Lowri here.

Another quick project to share today as part of my Father's Day posts. I have already shown my Tag Box and Mini Magnets in a Tin using the Kaisercraft Hunt and Gather Collection and here are a couple more easy ideas.


I am re-using another old tobacco/cigarette tin (seen above) and this time it makes the perfect home for this little square album.


This album is made from a single sheet of 12 inch cardstock paper and makes a great keepsake. I used the Hunt and Gather "Watch" paper which has a wonderfully neutral background, perfect for showcasing some small black and white pictures of the kids.


I love this little print from the paper pad which I have added to with a couple of stamps. The mini chipboard dragonfly is from Dusty Attic.


I love using black and white photos for mini albums as I feel the photos have a lovely simple feel to them - especially when you are printing them this small and they are mounted on quite a neutral background.

 
I have a few more handmade journals and albums to show using this range - but I wanted to focus on this little book which started out as a 79c notebook from the grocery store.

I covered it in the "Fossick" patterned paper and used the sticker sheet, elements from the paper pad and rubons to decorate.


I stamped each page with a little My Minds Eye stamp I found in the discount section of The Warehouse (it took less than 2 minutes to do all the pages with Stayzon which dried pretty much instantly) which is all that is needed to turn this little 79c book into a fun little gift!

Please post a comment with any questions.

Lowri :-)

6 comments:

  1. These are cool. I remember the old tims. Look back and wish I had nabbed some of my grandfathers old tins. Love the dragonfly on the notebook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just love your ideas and just looked at the Dusty Attic products, they are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those old tins! This is a neat way to hold the mini album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I'm going to go and scrounge around the dump shop and see if I can get some old tins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the notebook what an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! 迷你倉

    ReplyDelete