Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sandy - Out of Print Bracelet

Hi today's post is an off-the-page project by Sandy.

I don't wear jewellery (not even a watch on my wrist) but I've been bitten by the current trend of creating your own accessories with scrapbooking supplies. Since I'm most often in T-shirts and shorts, I decided something grungy would suit my everyday style.




This Alisa Burke inspired bracelet is easy to make :
  • cut about 120 pieces in different shapes
  • layer three pieces of the same shape together for stability
  • ink the edges
  • coat with mod podge
  • hook onto a chain using jump rings
I smile everything I see it dangling on my left wrist.

Supplies : Basic Grey Out of Print (Headline, Second edition, Daily news, Impasto, Bits n pieces), chain bracelet, jump rings, Studio g black ink,

5 comments:

  1. Love this!! It looks so now, I had thought of using Tim Holtz fragments-but like this better. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh fun! I like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this. Awesome idea and looks well worth the work. Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks AMAZING Sandy. Suck a creative idea and I love it when people go outside their comfort zone and try new things!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete