Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lindsey - A Spring Day in the Garden

Hiya - Lindsey here with a Spring layout.

One of the really great things about babies is watching them enjoy new experiences and making new discoveries. It's like rediscovering things that you had forgotten are so totally amazing. Like they say "A child makes all things new again".

Anyway this layout celebrates the simple pleasure of working in the garden. Enjoying an hour or so of sun and fresh air after what seems like a long winter and finally getting out there to prepare the veggie patch.

Recently my daughter went off shopping and hubbie decided to tidy up the garden - assisted by young Miss L. Pity he didn't have the presence of mind to dress madam in something more appropriate. I'm sure most people would pull on some gumboots and old jeans and not a pale pink ensemble!

By the time son-in-law realized what was going on, it was too late.  Bless his little cotton socks, for instead of rushing madam into the house for a clean up and hiding the evidence before "She Who Must Be Obeyed" returned (and knowing how much a scrapbooking granny would have enjoyed this moment) he reached for the camera instead.. Happy Happy Day!



After I had finished the layout, I decided to look through my quotes folder for something about Spring and I found this:

"In the Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt" (Margaret Atwood)

[Note to Self: next time why don't you check the Quotes Folder BEFORE you do the layout!]

And so here we have it, Miss L discovering the feel, the smell (and taste I suspect) of dirt.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Lindsey. I love all the stitching & the rub on - on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout! Love the story about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout Lindsey - those flowers are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this layout!!! we have a wee 2 1/2yr old 'helper' as well and she manages to get dirty just watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to tell you which papers etc I used so go to the Artfull Crafts shop and then click on Gallery and the layout has been posted there (along with some others). I would put a link (here) but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. Sorry. If I posted you a map, do you think you could find your way on over there by yourself? ..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a yummy layout...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete